This is the most important part of the process, of course.
Meeting my clients, listening and learning about their likes and dislikes will set the tone of the whole commission. I take with me:
- my note book and pencils
- to make notes about their lifestyle, current likes and dislikes with regard to colour, texture, art, music, fabrics, etc.
- any quick sketches of ideas we have as we talk.
- a set of colour chips
- to learn any colour preferences
- to match colours to any existing fabrics, painted areas or the design inspiration.
- tape measure
- to record space in which a piece of wall art will hang, size of furniture to be covered, throws or cushions, size of window, etc.
- sample swatches of previous designs
- for inspiration and ideas
- show my versatility
- my camera
- to record the design inspiration, if client allows.
- range plan, in Sterling or Euro
- to give ideas of pricing
I don’t make charge for this service.