Most people have heard of a mood board! A board with all you ideas in one place, which can include:
- * a range images of your source of inspiration, from a number of angles
- * complimentary images of your source, maybe cutting from magazines, etc.
- * images of similar ideas your client likes, from magazines, etc.
- * colour chips, matched to the original colours recorded at consultation
- * yarn swatches, to show colours, and/or textures
- * colour studies in a variety of medium
Again, a mood board ensures that I am still in step with the client with regard to colour, texture etc., and is a good starting point for all aspects of the designs for the fabrics. There may be areas with in an image that stand out as ideas for textures or patterns and these can be worked on in a sketchbook.
Depending on the distance to my client, I will, either take the mood board and any preliminary design work to show them or I will photograph and email images of the board and any areas of detail that needs discussion.
There is a charge for this work, but it will be deducted from the overall cost if the commission is undertaken.