Alison Yule Textiles is fully committed to a sustainable future and has an Environmental Policy and Sustainability Manifesto which can be downloaded here:
Alison has been inspired to weave since she was eight and finds inspiration from her local surrounding close to the Peak District in Derbyshire.
She specialises in:
* techniques that industry can’t reproduce
* weaving natural, sustainable fibres, particularly wool
* hand dyeing some yarns in her studio
* using natural dyes
Alison’s fabrics have won awards with the Bradford Textile Society.
She has won awards from the Arts Council and Design Factory.
Alison has exhibited at:
* the Craft Centre and Design Gallery, Leeds
* Harley Gallery and Thorseby Gallery, Nottinghamshire
* 78 Derngate, Northamptonshire
* L’Atelier Gallery, Paris amongst others.
* For four consecutive years Alison was selected to exhibit at 100% Design, London and in January 2010 exhibited with Design Factory at Maison et Objet in Paris.
In 2010 Alison was shortlisted for Best Fabric Collection at the Northern Design Awards in Chester.